top of page
  • Writer's pictureKARISSA GAUGHAN

Lasers close out Blue Jays 3-0

Updated: Apr 28, 2023

The women's soccer team came out strong against Saint Joe’s Connecticut on Saturday and never let up. With an aggressive offense all throughout the game, the Lasers took the win, closing out the Blue Jays 3-0.

Starting off the first half, first-year Sarah Lynch snuck the ball over the top of the Blue Jays goalie only a minute and fourteen seconds into the game.

Assisted by Senior Bobbi O’Guin, the Lasers quickly took ownership over the tone of the rest of the game.

Senior Bobby O'Guin running up the sideline with defensive player Elizabeth Garlock of Saint Joe's Connecticut.

USJ sophomore Kelsi Ursini took their first on-goal shot at the 26 minute mark but missed.

In the first half, the Lasers out-shot the Blue Jays 17 to 4.

With eight minutes left in the first half, senior goalie Kylie Swann went 1v1 in the penalty area against Ursini, sliding and catching the ball off the kick before Ursini regained control.

As fans were ready to head into the half with twenty-three seconds left, sophomore Michelina D’Aostino set up for a penalty kick after going down in front of the Blue Jay's goal. With a clean shot into the back of the net past USJ goalie Chandler Douglas, the Lasers entered the second half 2-0.

Continuing with a strong offense into the second half, with shots from both O’Guin and first-year Camdyn LaMarre, both blocked within the first five minutes.

Working sedulously, O’Guin scored at 33:45 from the left side of the goal inside the penalty area. Shooting through sophomore Jenna Zup and Douglas, she found the back of USJ’s net for the Lasers' third goal of the game.

Although no other shots were made, both teams had respectful shots on goal, keeping the game interesting for fans to watch. Lasell first-year Amalia Dudek missed a shot right above goal with 23 minutes left, and at 17:30, O’Guin went for another, however, missed bouncing it off the side post and getting it cleared by Saint Joe's defense.

“We have been working hard, pushing ourselves and each other to get to this point of the season, playoffs. We are determined to go all the way, but we start by taking it game by game. I am beyond proud of this team and can not wait to see what these next two weeks bring us! Time to turn it up to the next level!” Said O’Guin.

The Women's Soccer team next plays the Rivier University Raiders at 5 p.m. in Nashua, N.H. this Wednesday.

8 views0 comments


bottom of page